Those two videos on the class blog was pretty interesting like the first video the public learning network video the way everything is organize is pretty neat on "Symbaloo".I made an account and looked around and it looks like something I would actually use it helps you manage your bookmarks easier. And you can put whatever in each tile on your page like she uses "Evernote" which is the same context as "Diigo".
Now the other video about the principle wanting middle school kids to not use "Facebook" and all those social media sites, this is sort of true kids in the 4th,5th,6th grade don't really need to be on "Facebook" but I don't believe there is a rule to how old you have to be that I know of. Even if kids are that young on "Facebook" getting bullied on the internet or in other terms "Cyber Bullied". Why can't they just block the people pestering them and not have to worry about it. Now I wouldn't want to exactly ban middle grade kids from social media sites because it's basically this generation is going to be based on along with up and coming technology. These kids need to learn about these sites, but not use them too much.
4 comments:
wow that was quite a bit of writing to read... lol i agree with your blog post. i liked reading it.
Agreed!! the kids can take control of who is bullying them if they can have a facebook they should know how to use it
I definitely don't think they should ban it either. I also agree they should be able to stop bullying by blocking people
1. Symbaloo is very neat, and I plan to use it a lot now that I have seen and used it.
2. I don't think that 4th and 5th graders need to be getting on Social Networking sites. As we go into the older grades, I can start to see how some sites can be helpful.
Post a Comment