Thursday, March 31, 2011

Social Networking

How I describe it: I think Social Networking is an interaction between friends and family in real time, no waiting on a return e-mail or waiting for somebody to text back. For example facebook you can talk to multiple people at once without having to go back open up another e-mail etc, Now e-mail sites like MSN or Yahoo! have their own messengers, but people are more into facebook and all those sites because all their friends are right there and not everybody has a MSN or Yahoo!. There's also other form of Social Networking such as Youtube you can make videos for possibly millions of other people to see and they can comment on it. There are many more Social Networking sites such as Myspace, Twitter, etc and the list goes on and on.

How I am involved in it: I am not involved in Social Networking near as much as most people like my family and friends. I don't do facebook, Myspace or sites like that because basically I have a cell phone and that's all I need to talk to people. I see my parents on facebook for mindless hours but I understand people want to talk to their friends, but it's a little much. I do get involved and some Social Networking like Youtube, I did make a channel for it, but I have yet to really get into uploading videos a lot. Youtube for me is basically just watching videos when i'm bored or if someone I do like to watch on Youtube like Raywilliamjohnson has made a new video I'll watch it. The only other Social Networking others than texting I am involved in if you count it would be if I was playing Xbox and talking to Justin or whoever over the Xbox.

How it effects me: Social Networking effects me in several ways it can connect me with friends I have not talked to in a while fairly easily. Or if I need to ask my parents something you don't have to go all the way home to ask you just simply text them. Social Networking can also make you a lot of new friends that you may never meet, but having those friends to talk to and have a good time with is what counts. You turn on your Xbox and you got people to play a game with rather than by yourself which can get pretty boring. Social Networking just all around makes things so much better than it used to be.

No comments: